Today was one of those days:
- A five min Rx pick up turned into a 50 min wait chasing the kids around
- Nap time turned into: How much trouble can Caleb get into? (He poured a whole bottle of baby oil on the rug in the boys room, woke Mason from his nap, and refused to sleep)
- I locked myself out of the house
- Mason wanted me to hold him all day (Even during my exercise)
- Because of no nap for Caleb and little nap for Mason the boys were very winy today
- The house is a mess and I did not clean one thing up
- No laundry got done
- I did not pack anything
So my day ended with a bubble bath, my favorite candle (Yankee Macintosh apple), a cake in a mug, and a relaxing movie. I should take more evenings off!
For those of you who want to make yourself a cake in a mug, here is the recipe (12 points if you want to know)
MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake
will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
Christmas at the Cabin
4 months ago