Monday, October 06, 2008

Why I Want to be Rich

When Danielle and I were married we lived in the University's married student housing. I remember one Friday we decided to splurge a little for date night and go down to Hire's Big H to have dinner. We didn't have much money at the time so we decided to get a pizza and split it.

We had a great dinner holding each other's hands while waiting for the food. Talking about our big dreams and what ever else we wanted to. We had our pizza and I was getting ready to pay the check. Then this guy in the restaurant that we had never met before nor after came to our table and insisted that he pick up our bill. After futile protest on our part and with much gratitude we accepted his offer. He just said promise that you do this for someone else.

I am currently reading "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey (and I highly recommend it to anyone). In one of his final chapters he shared similar stories. One story was of a man who handed out $100 bills to strangers during Christmas time. I would love to do this! This is why I want to be rich (and hope the government doesn't "help" me take care of "others").

No comments: